having finally arrived back in Sewanee, I am grateful for a few things-
1. I hate traffic - and there is no traffic in Sewanee
2. It takes too long for me to get around in DC - and no time at all to get around Sewanee
3. I have been able to work on a patio, overlooking the Cumberland Valley -all morning.
4. Julia's, Sterlings and the Blue Chair.
5. The chance to make great music with wonderful friends, colleagues and students for the next few weeks. If you can't make it - check out a concert online www.sewaneemusicfestival.org
After taking a few days of R&R at Sewanee and playing the Daugherty Concerto with the festival orchestra, I'll head to the Music for All Summer Symposium. Looking forward to seeing some great students and colleagues there as well!
This blog is regularly updated with my thoughts, opinions and views. They are mine alone.